Therapy Based Birthing Doula Services Outline:
➖I will provide Doula services for clients who are also seeking therapy services from me.
➖I will serve clients who need extra emotional and mental support during and through pregnancy. The office therapy visits would be covered by insurance if you are using insurance or there is an out of pocket rate option as usual.
➖Me attending your birth would not be covered by insurance. Me attending your birth would be a flat fee of 400.00 that could be paid in payments or in one large sum (*due before the 36th week of pregnancy). This would also include 1 home visits (60 minutes) within the 6 weeks of delivery.
➖Because I am a therapist who does have office hours. I will have a backup Doula to cover birth if needed. My backup Doula will have training in Perinatal Maternal Mental Health.
I love the idea of continued consistent care
Here is what you can expect at your birth:
- Support that meets your needs
- Support that meets the needs of family members and or supports
- Unconditional positive regard
- Support/suggestions while assisting with comfort measures
- Support in creating a birthing space that is comfortable (flameless candles, music, lighting).
- Advocate: Provide assistance in making sure you and your partner (if partner is present) feel heard, validated, and seen. Advocating is accomplished by assisting you and partner in enhancing your awareness, and encouraging you to feel empowered about your choices.
- Available on call 24/7 from starting at 36 weeks.
Here is what you can expect during postpartum:
- 1 Postnatal visits
- Birth story telling
- Resources: books, articles, referrals to providers (if wanting)
- Opportunity to discuss adjustment into new season of life
As a Certified Doula, I do not:
- Perform Clinical tasks, such as blood pressure, fetal heart checks, vaginal exams, and others. I am there to provide only physical comfort and emotional support.
- Make decisions for you. I will help you get the information necessary to make an informed decision. I will also remind you if there is a departure from birth plan.
- Speak to the staff on your behalf. I will discuss your concerns with you and suggest options, but you or partner will speak directly to clinical staff.
Training’s and Certifications Click HERE