Maria Turner,MA,LMHC, NCC, MHP, PMH-C.
I am excited that you are here. This is just a little bit about myself. I have a degree in Marriage and Family Counseling from Gonzaga University and a undergrad degree in Social Work from Eastern Washington University. I am married to a man who loves the Lord. Together we have 4 beautiful children, ages ranging from teens to toddlers. I enjoy reading, cleaning, organizing, creating, hosting, listening to Christian podcasts, and being in Gods creation. I love spending time with my family and church family.
Since I gave my life to the Lord at age 21 I knew from that moment that I wanted to be used by Him however He saw fit. I had the opportunity and honor to be a pastors wife as my husband was called to be a Family Pastor, I had the opporutnity to be a children’s ministry director, a women’s ministry leader, church social media director, church secretary , and small group leader. I have the opportunity and honor to be a helper to my husband and a mother to my 4 children. When we say “yes” to the Lord, He is faithful in His delivery.
As a family we regualry attend a local church and participate in a weekly small group. I personally meet with a Christian based counselor on a monthly bases and have a monthly consultation group with other christian therapists.
As We Thrive started in 2015 as my husband and I were seeking the Lord in what our next steps would be. When I saw the vision of this practice unfold in front of me I was thrilled and terrified. I have had to rely on God every step of the way. I will say that God has been so faithful, it truly has been a blessing watching God at work through this ministry. As We Thrive is a ministry dedicated to women. I truly love women and have a heart and passion for supporting women in transitional stages of life. I also feel very called to provide support to their families and their communities. Individual support is offered through individual therapy. Family support is provided through couples therapy. Community support is offered through provider collaboration meetings and public speaking events. God is at the center of As We Thrive. This Ministry is dedicated to the work of the Holy Spirit.
Counseling: Certifications, License, Training’s, and Memberships:
- Mental Health Professional (MHP)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- EMDRIA – EMDR International Association
- International Association of Biblical Counselors
- Postpartum Support International
- Circle Of Security Parenting Training
- PREPARE & ENRICH Certification (pre-marital counseling)
- Hold Me Tight. Let Me Go. for Families and Teens Training
- Ethical Issues in Couple and Family Therapy
- EMDR Therapist (In the certification process)
- EMDR completed Certification Consultation Hours
- Utilization of EMDR Therapy with Grief and Mourning
- The Dance of Attachment: An EMDR Relational Approach
Perinatal Mental Health Training:
- Certified Perinatal Mental Health Provider
- Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training Course (PSI & 2020 Mom)
- PSI Advanced Psychotherapy Training
- Making Technology Work in & Supporting parents
- Preparing for Childbirth & Addressing Loss
Christian Counseling Training:
- Foundations of Biblical Counseling – AACC Light University
- Assessing and Managing Suicide
- Advanced Telehealth
- Emotional Support Animals
- Informed Consent: New Additions
- Ethics: Reconsidering Dual Relationships
- Suicide Prevention, Assessment, and Intervention
Doula Care: Certifications and Training:
- Certified Stillbirthday Birth & Bereavement Doula
- DONA Doula Training Workshop
- DONA Basics of Breastfeeding Class
- DONA Childbirth Education Workshop
- Breastfeeding Educator Training
- Midwife Birth Assistant Training