As a Biblical Based Licensed Mental Health Therapist, it is important that I share these beliefs and core values. These are essential to the ministry and therapy that is provided. As a Biblical Based Therapist, I do not see myself as a pastor. My heart and ministry focus is to serve women and their families (Titus 2:3-5). I see men in counseling for the purpose of couples counseling. As We Thrive does not function as a church.
- I believe the Bible to be inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God
- I believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He has revealed Himself in creation, history and in Jesus Christ.
- I believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ, including His deity, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His true humanity, His miracles, His substitutionary death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father, and in His coming personal return in power and in glory.
- I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to grow in the knowledge of God and Christian obedience.
- I believe that, for the salvation of the lost and sinful individuals, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ provides the only grounds for justification. I believe in the reality of heaven, hell, and Satan.
- I believe that God created mankind in his own image. God created them male and female.
- I believe marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. I believe that God is not ok with any form of abuse (sexual abuse, verbal abuse, physical abuse, and psychological abuse). I believe that abuse is a form of sin. I believe in separation between husband and wife when such sin is present in the marriage and the home. I believe separation and divorce are different. I believe in the importance of marriage and I will do all I can to preserve marriage. There are times when a divorce is necessary. I do not offer divorce counseling.
- Man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.
Sanctity of Life
- I believe children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord.
- I believe God offers healing and forgiveness to those in the post-abortive phase. Past choices are no match for the long-suffering love and all-encompassing forgiveness that God has extended to us through Christ.
- Scripture defines humanity, race, racism, and justice.
- I believe God calls us to be in community with one another (Hebrews 10:24-25, Galatians 6:2, Acts 2:42-47, Matthew 18:20)
As We Thrive Counseling Services, LLC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. All are welcome to seek services.